Thursday, September 10, 2009

Origin Story

The peanut butter cup theory.
It's pretty straight forward, you take two things you really like and then find a way to put them together. This is my idea of collage in the round.

I am into coffee, almost obsessed with the ritual of coffee and probably addicted to the caffeine. No intervention needed friends, I am in control, I can go a day without, but you would rather I did not. I love the aroma, the taste, and I love all the ways people have come to make the little roasted berries their own. Coffee is art and food preparation, some would say that that is the same thing, and others might say it's another peanut butter cup.

I am also into electric vehicles. I bought a Civic Hybrid because I am one of those early adopter types who pave the way for the ignorant masses. I sold it because the technology wasn't what I had hoped for, and I was having trouble making the payments. It really was a great little car though. I also bought an all electric scooter, an E Go. I still own it, it's pretty fun ride, you get a lot of looks. It'll do 25+mph (the most popular question) followed by "how much did it cost?"-"a little over a grand", "how far does it go on a charge?" -"depends." and "can I trade you bikes?" -"No thanks kid, I'm not in the market for a Magna mountain bike."

So how did I bring my two great passions together? If you are thinking a solar assisted all electric three wheeled pick up truck built by the California company Zap, that is outfitted with a custom built espresso cafe that has reused and recycled parts, sustainably harvested wood products, and every product sold will be as local, and organic and fair traded as possible, you would be right. We will even throw in high quality standards and work to keep up with the latest advancements in coffee, and we will not be afraid to charge people a little more for something that makes them feel a little better about it, because this is after all my hybrid version of an eco-friendly green entrepreneurial enterprise. I hope someday it makes as much sense as chocolate and peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment